- Requester may recall or page items for scanning via OskiCat. When fulfilling holds or checking in paged items, please check for the hold note “LSP”, meaning Library Scanning Program. This note indicates item is to be send for scanning. If the hold note also includes “plus hold”, place a hold on the item in the patron’s name after placing the initial hold for Circ Sup/Main-Scan.
- Requester may also drop off items for scanning at a Circulation Desk (does not need to be the owning unit). The requester must present their Cal1 ID card and state the item is for scanning. Ask the requester if the item is needed after scanning. If so, please place a hold on the item in the patron’s name after placing the initial hold for Circ Sup/Main-Scan.
- Scan the ID to verify scanning eligibility (see note in patron record). If the eligibility note does not exist in the patron record, for faculty refer to the online request form; for students refer to DSP (Disabled Students’ Program).
- If the requester is a student, check to be certain library fines/fees owe are not $50 or more. If $50 or more in library fines/fees are owed, please refer the student to the Privileges Desk to pay fees and remove block. Fines/fees may also be paid online via their MyOskicat account.
- If interlibrary loan items are requested for scanning, ILL staff will process for MAINSCAN. Please do not remove the ILL book band with barcode from the item.
- Place a hold on the item for the Circ Sup/Main-Scan departmental account (barcode: MAINSCAN) to be picked up at MAIN Circulation.
- Select title, call number or barcode from the Index menu in order to place hold.
- Highlight item and place hold by clicking on the “hold selected item” button.
- Click on the “Place hold” button to place a hold on an available item.
- When placing an item level hold, Change pickup location to Main (Gardner) Stacks Circ Desk from your unit’s default location. Add a hold note indicating item is for scanning (e.g. “send to digital imaging lab for patron [insert patron ID number]”).
- Check in the item to fulfill the hold, place in transit, and print transit slip.
- If the item is needed after scanning by the requester, please place an additional hold on the item in the patron’s name
- Send item for scanning to MAIN Circulation via library mail.
- MAIN Circulation Desk staff will check in the item to queue the hold and place on designated shelf for pickup.
- After scanning, Digital Imaging Lab staff will send the items back to MAIN Circulation to be checked in, placed in transit and sent to the owning libraries for reshelving.
Recalling Checked Out Items Needed For Scanning
- If a checked out item is needed for scanning, recall the item for Circ Sup/Main-Scan departmental account (barcode: MAINSCAN) to be picked up at Main (Gardner) Stacks Circ Desk
- Add a hold note indicating item is for scanning (e.g. “send to digital imaging lab for patron [insert patron ID number]”).
- After scanning, Digital Imaging Lab staff will send the items back to MAIN Circulation where the they will be checked in, placed in-transit and sent to the owning libraries for reshelving.
Author: Mark Marrow
Approval Group: CSG
Update Group: Circulation Services Group
Last updated date: 07/20/15
Tue, 06/30/2015 – 13:39 — Jenna Jackson
Added note saying that patrons can also pay fines online on their MyOskicat account.
Thu, 06/04/2015 – 10:54 — Jenna Jackson
Updates per review of CSG: removed information about adding a tracking note as this is no longer needed and emailing MainScan to notify that an item for scanning is ready to be picked up at Main as they can see when items are on the holdshelf ready to be picked up. Also, removed information stating that this must be done at the owning unit. Since a tracking note is no longer added items for scanning can be submitted at any circulation desk.