AskTico is the UC Berkeley Library’s centralized repository of Library wide and unit-specific procedures and documentation related to Millennium.
Use the search box on the top right to search the full text of all documentation in AskTico. You can also click on the “All Content” or “Category” links (such as Cataloging & Metadata Council, Circulation Services Group, etc) in the right sidebar to browse documents.
The Scope of this website is:
Design and implement a centralized repository of global and local procedures and documentation (to eventually replace existing manuals such as the BPM, GMM, AutoCirc Manual).
- Approved procedures
- Drafts pending approval
- Data definitions (or “dictionaries”) such as the location code table
- General “how tos” (macros, etc.)
- Training scripts (indexed separately)
The goal is to have all staff resources related to Millennium in one place for ease of use. Follow best practices for document control including collection of document metadata.
Design to meet these goals:
- Keyword searchable
- Easy to use
- Easy to update
- Easy to find
- Contents able to be viewed in categories such as by general area (acquisitions, cataloging, etc.), vetted/provisional/local, etc.
- Consistent and persistent naming of documents
- Clean URLs